Do's and Don'ts For the New School Year
Wednesday, August 10, 2022
Written by Gretchen Slover
The 2022-23 school year opening day is approaching. Here are some do’s and don’ts parents
- Do embrace the truth that you are an expert on your child’s needs. Don’t let the school system intimidate you to believe they know what is best.
- Do question your child’s curriculum. Don’t let the school system get away with teaching morals, values and agendas that do not align with teaching math, English, science, geography, history and civics
- Do make yourself visible. Don’t be unidentifiable.
- Do insist on transparency for every aspect of your child’s education. Don’t count on the school administration to be transparent on their own.
- Do support school choice. Don’t limit the possibilities.
- Do have conversations with like-minded parents. Don’t believe you are the only one who recognizes the problems.
- Do believe that you are often being fed dysfunctional conclusions about school district spending. Don’t believe that spending more money can cure a deficit problem.
- Do believe there is a cancel culture. Don’t believe you are a victim.
- Do attend school board meetings. Don’t think there is nothing you can do.
- Do believe you are now awake. Don’t believe you have to be woke.
Certified Leadership Parent Coach